Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: True Temper 18-Inch Ergonomic Snow Shovel at Amazon.
- Best Budget: Lifeline 4004 One Size Aluminum Snow Shovel at Amazon.
- Best Electric: Snow Joe 323E 10-Amp Electric Snow Shovel at Amazon.
- Best for Driveway: True Temper 20 in.
- Best for Back Pain: Snow Joe 18-in Strain-Reducing Shovel at Amazon.
Also to know is, what is the difference between a snow shovel and a snow pusher?
Snow pushers are the smaller, hand-held version of an industrial plow. It's made of plastic with a plastic handle for you to hold, without a bottom plate. It's much lighter than some of the snow shovels out there. Compared to the snow shovel that results in common health problems.
Are ergonomic snow shovels better?
The purpose of the ergonomic (bent) handled snow shovel is to reduce the strain on the lower back. If you are a relatively weak person, a plastic or plastic/metal combination snow shovel with a smaller sized scoop is best as its light weight won't wear you down.
Can you replace fiberglass shovel handle?
Fiberglass is usually more durable than wood, but like any material, it can wear and break under extended and extreme use. Shovels are designed for universal handle use, and the replacement of a fiberglass handle is a generally straightforward task that can be completed using only basic tools.
How do I choose a snow shovel?
General Tips for Choosing a Snow Shovel
- Choose a shovel that matches your strength.
- Choose a shovel that matches your height.
- Make sure the diameter of the shovel handle is comfortable to hold.
- If you have the budget for it, opt for quality over price.
- Choose an appropriate shovel blade size.