Different Types of Mangoes in Indian Subcontinent
- Sein Ta Lone. Flavor: Sweet. Flesh: Fruity aroma, juicy, and a less fibrous texture.
- Alphonso. Flavor: Sugary-sweet.
- Kesar. Flavor: Sweet.
- Dasheri. Flavor: Sweet and aromatic.
- Chausa. Flavor: Sweet.
- Bombay Green. Flavor: Sweet.
- Langra. Flavor: Sweet.
- Amrapali. Flavor: Sweet.
So, which mango is the king of mango?
One may also ask, which is the best variety of mango?
Top 12 Most Famous Varieties Of Indian Mangoes
- Alphonsos -Ratnagiri / Devgarh Hapus, Maharashtra. Alphonso Mango is one of the best variety of mango found in India in terms of sweetness and flavor.
- Badami – Karnataka Alphonso.
- Chaunsa – North India.
- Dasheri – Malihabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Kesar – Saurashtra, Gujarat.
- Langra – Uttar Pradesh.
- Mulgoba – Tamil Nadu.
Are there two types of mango?
Mango Varieties. There are often two different kinds of mangos in the produce aisle: one that's big, round, and reddish green and another that's small, golden, and kidney-shaped. There are hundreds of varieties of mangos, but most American supermarkets carry just one or two kinds.
Which is the sweetest mango in the world?