The following are some things you can do in the US if you are 21 years old.
- Attend 21+ clubs and events.
- Adopt a child.
- Buy Weed legally in legal States.
- In some States you don't need parental consent to get married anymore.
- Gamble at Casinos.
- Obtain a concealed weapons permit.
Keeping this in consideration, what does it mean to turn 21?
Turning 21 means that a person is an adult, at least in the United States. They can buy liquor, drink legally, and are socially considered to be no longer dependent on their parents.
Subsequently, question is, what every 21 year old should know?
21 Things Every 21 Year Old Should Know
- Don't Do it Just For The Money. Going after a career that earns you a lot of money doesn't mean you're going to be happy.
- You'll Lose Friends. Don't take it personal and don't worry about it.
- Party Smart.
- Save Money.
- Credit Cards Will Haunt You.
- Live at Home or With Roommates.
Is turning 21 a big deal?
Turning 21 means you are getting older and expected to be more independent and be able to make adult decisions. It is important to realize that so you are able to make the right decisions. It is the fact you are now one step closer to being a true adult even though that comes at different times for everyone.
Why is a 21st birthday special?
In the U.S. the legal age for drinking, smoking, and entering nightclubs is 21. So the 21st birthday is a significant turning point for a young adult as they're now able to partake in more adult activities, legally. Given Australia has inherited much from American culture, it's no surprise we've adopted this as well.