UK: active social media users 2020. The United Kingdom (UK) was home to 45 million active social media users in 2020. That translated to a social media penetration rate of 66 percent of the population of the UK.
People also ask, how many people use social media in the UK 2019?
45 million social media users
Similarly, how many people use 2020 social media?
More than 4.5 billion people are using the internet at the start of 2020. Active social media users have passed the 3.8 billion mark with this number increasing by more than 9 percent (321 million new users) since this time last year.
What age group uses Facebook the most UK?
Individuals aged 25 to 34 years made up the largest group of Facebook users by age in the United Kingdom (UK), as of April 2020. Those aged 13 to 17 made up the smallest group, with 4.5 percent of users falling under that classification.
What is the most used social media in the UK?
The most popular social networks in the UK
- 55% Facebook. Social Network.
- 44% Instagram. Social Network.
- 42% Twitter. Social Network.
- 37% Google+ Social Network.
- 35% Pinterest. Social Network.
- Explore your very own audience with YouGov's new Audience Explorer. Try the FREE Audience Explorer.
- 29% Linkedin. Social Network.
- 27% Snapchat. Social Network.