Musicals of the 1980s – A Complete Ordered List
- 1980. 42nd Street. Barnum. Les Misérables.
- 1981. Bring Back Birdie. Cats. Dreamgirls.
- 1982. Is There Life After High School. Little Shop of Horrors. Nine.
- 1983. Baby. Blood Brothers.
- 1984. Chess. Just So.
- 1985. Big River. Drood.
- 1986. A Wonderful Life. Hot Mikado.
- 1987. Into the Woods. Sarafina!
Also asked, what were the 80s known for?
The 1980s was the decade that started on January 1, 1980 and ended on December 31, 1989. This decade (group of ten years) is sometimes called the "Greed decade" in English speaking countries. The "eighties" are also well known for their extreme fashions, such as "big hair", New Wave, punk rock, funk, or preppies.
Subsequently, question is, what are the top musicals of all time?
What's the best musical of all time?
- Les Miserables.
- The Phantom of the Opera.
- Sweeney Todd.
- A Chorus Line.
- Into the Woods.
- West Side Story.
What musicals came out in the 70's?
Musicals of the 1970s – A Complete Ordered List
- 1970. Applause. Company. The Me Nobody Knows.
- 1971. Follies. Godspell. Grease.
- 1972. Pippin. Sugar.
- 1973. A Little Night Music. Gigi. Raisin.
- 1974. Beach Blanket Babylon. Mack and Mabel.
- 1975. A Chorus Line. Chicago.
- 1976. Bubbling Brown Sugar. Pacific Overtures.
- 1977. Annie. I Love My Wife.
What musicals should I watch?
Here are some of their best and most popular responses.
- Moulin Rouge! (2001)
- The Sound of Music (1965) 20th Century Fox.
- Singin' in the Rain (1952) Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
- The Phantom of the Opera (2004) Warner Bros.
- Cabaret (1972) Allied Artists.
- West Side Story (1961) United Artists.
- Hairspray (2007)
- Sweet Charity (1969)