She acted in ways that made sure that she would remain on the throne. Because she stayed in power for so long, England was able to have a long period of stability and relative prosperity. This is what helped her people and made her (at least arguably) a great leader.
Similarly, you may ask, was Queen Elizabeth really a virgin?
Elizabeth I of England was officially a virgin as she was and remained unmarried. Sex outside of marriage was unimaginable for a reigning queen, as she was married to the country, at least until a suitable husband could be found.
Similarly, who took the throne after Queen Elizabeth 1?
How did Queen Elizabeth 1 die?
Who was the best queen?
10 of the greatest Queens of England
- Emma of Normandy (c.
- Eleanor of Aquitaine (1122-1204)
- Isabella of France (c.
- Queen Elizabeth I (1533-1603)
- Queen Anne (1665-1714)
- Caroline of Ansbach (1683-1737)
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901) Victoria holds the record as England's longest-reigning monarch.
- Queen Elizabeth II (b. 1926)