American Sign Language: "electricity" To sign "electricity," use "X" handshapes. Tap (gently) the knuckles together twice. BATTERY: The sign for "electricity" can also be used (in context) to mean "battery" as in "I need a new hearing aid battery."
Similarly, you may ask, what does the electrical hazard symbol mean?
The common symbol for electricity is a lightning bolt. Electrical Safety Symbols - Voltage or Shock Hazard Symbol. This symbol can be identified by using a bolt or a bolt through a hand, which lets people know that injury or death can occur from nearby high-voltage electrical equipment.
One may also ask, why are warning signs displayed on electrical gadgets?
Warning signs displayed on electrical gadgets because they are used to indicate hazards or risks associated with those gadgets. Warning signs are displayed on electrical gadgets so as to prevent accidents that may cause serious harm to our skin.
What are the basic electrical symbols?
- Ground or Earth. A ground symbol (IEC symbol 5017) identifies a ground terminal.
- Resistor. A resistor reduces current flow.
- Switch. Disconnects the current when open.
- Capacitor. A capacitor symbol shows two terminals running into plates.
What are the 4 types of safety signs?
These signs contain instructions on what CAN'T be done or MUST be done:
- Prohibition Signs – CAN'T DO.
- Mandatory Signs – MUST DO.
- Danger Signs – KILL YOU.
- Warning Signs – HURT YOU.
- Emergency Information Signs – SAFETY FIRST.
- Fire Signs – FIRE EQUIP.