Also to know is, what are the top 20 tallest mountains?
Top twenty highest mountains in the world.
- Nanga Parbat, Nanga Parbat Himalayas.
- Manaslu, Manaslu Himal.
- Dhaulagiri I, Dhaulagiri Himal.
- Cho Oyu, Mahalangur range Himalaya.
- Lhotse, Mahalangur Range Himalaya.
- Kangchenjunga, Kangchenjunga Himalaya.
- K2 /Chhogori/Godwin Austen, Baltoro Karakoram.
- 1.Sagarmatha /Chomolungma/ Mount Everest /, Mahalangur Range Himalaya.
Also, why is Chimborazo the tallest mountain?
Chimborazo in Ecuador has an altitude of 6,310 meters (20,703 feet). Mount Everest has a higher altitude, and Mauna Kea is "taller." However, Chimborazo has the distinction of being the "highest mountain above Earth's center." This is because Earth is not a sphere - it is an oblate spheroid.
Is k2 higher than Everest?
K2, at 8,611 metres (28,251 ft) above sea level, is the second highest mountain in the world, after Mount Everest at 8,848 metres (29,029 ft). K2 is the highest point of the Karakoram range and the highest point in both Pakistan and Xinjiang.
What mountain is taller than Everest?
You may be surprised to learn that Everest is not the tallest mountain on Earth, either. That honor belongs to Mauna Kea, a volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii. Mauna Kea originates deep beneath the Pacific Ocean, and rises more than 33,500 feet from base to peak.