The red ID Card (DD Form 1173-1) serves as proof that individuals have been pre-enrolled in the Defense Eligibility Enrollment System (DEERS). The DoD uses a system referred to as the Real Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) to issue ID Cards.
Likewise, how do I get a military dependent ID card?
How to Get A Military ID Card for Newlyweds
- Collect your documents. In order to get a military ID card, you will need your photo ID, social security card, birth certificate and wedding license.
- Enroll in DEERS. Now that you have all the necessary documents, your service member needs to enroll you in DEERS.
- Finally the military ID card.
- Don't lose your card.
Subsequently, question is, how do I get a DD Form 2?
Retired Veterans With 20 Years of Service Veterans ID – Retired veterans who have served honorably for more than 20 years can obtain an ID card on base by submitting a copy of their retirement paperwork and they will be issued a DD form 2 (blue colored) ID card.
Can a spouse get a veterans ID card?
Your veteran spouse can soon receive a veterans ID card. The new ID cards do not give authorization for the veteran to access medical care, the commissary, PX or receive retired pay. The cards are nothing more than a means to identify an individual as a former military member.
How do I get a DD 2765?
How to Apply for DD Form 2765?
- Complete a DD Form 1172-2 necessary to register you in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
- Visit a Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) site for final verification and processing purposes.
- Bring two original IDs.