1. Powered by Gas or Electricity
- Portable electric heaters are usually cheaper to buy than gas heaters, and they're better for enclosed areas.
- Reverse cycle split systems are great for open spaces and are the most energy efficient heaters if they have a good star rating.
Keeping this in consideration, what is the purpose of heater?
An electric heater is an electrical device that converts an electric current into heat. The heating element inside every electric heater is an electrical resistor, and works on the principle of Joule heating: an electric current passing through a resistor will convert that electrical energy into heat energy.
Also Know, are heaters dangerous?
In fact, each year space heaters are responsible for about 55,000 fires, 450 deaths and more than 1,500 injuries. However, there are a number of other ways that space heaters can lead to accidents and injuries: Like any electrical device, they pose a shock hazard. Space heaters use a lot of electricity.
Which electric heater is most efficient?
- De'Longhi HCX9124E panel convector heater.
- Dimplex DXUC2B ceramic fan heater.
- Duronic HV101 radiant convector heater.
- VonHaus 7 Fin 1.5kW oil-filled radiator.
- Simple Value 2kW upright fan heater.
- Dimplex Cadiz Eco 2kW electric oil-free radiator.
- Dyson AM09 Hot + Cool fan heater.
What is the cheapest type of heater to run?
If a portable electric heater is definitely what you need, halogen heaters and oil-fired radiators are the cheapest to run, while bar fires and fan heaters are more expensive. The higher an appliance's power rating in watts, the more it will cost to run.