To set up screen mirroring on the Samsung Galaxy S8, just do a quick swipe down from the top of the screen and select the Smart View icon. Smart View is actually Samsung's term for Miracast that supports Wi-Fi Direct for device-to-device connection.
Simply so, does the Galaxy s8 have screen mirroring?
The Galaxy S8's already expansive display is about to get better. All the photos, videos, apps and mobile games that make your S8 great can be replicated on your TV screen with the tap of your finger by using wireless screen mirroring technology that is built right in to the device.
Subsequently, question is, where is Smart View on my Samsung phone?
- Launch the Play Store on your mobile device.
- Tap in the search box at the top of the screen.
- Search for "Samsung Smart View" and tap on the found app.
- Tap Install and then Open to use it.
How do I turn on Smart View?
How to mirror your Samsung phone or tablet to your computer with Smart View:
- Download and install Reflector on your Mac or Windows computer.
- On your Android device, swipe down twice from the top of the screen to reveal the Quick Settings tray.
- Tap the Smart View button.
- A list of available receivers will appear.
Can I use smart view without WIFI?
The Samsung Smart View app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices, and will allow you to stream movies and photos from your phone or tablet directly to your Samsung TV within the same Wi-Fi network. If you don't have a Wi-Fi network set up, please check out the page on What is Wi-Fi direct.