Definition. Antiasthmatic drugs are medicines that treat or prevent asthma attacks.
Also to know is, what is asthma PPT?
Asthma ppt. ASTHMA DEFINITION Asthma is defined as a chronic inflammation disease of airway that is characterised by increase responsiveness of tracheobronchial tree to a multiplicity of stimuli. Extrinsic: episodic , atopy Intrinsic: perennial , status asthmaticus.
What are anti asthmatic drugs?
Theophylline and caffeine are two anti-asthmatic drugs that require therapeutic drug monitoring. Theophylline is a bronchodilator and respiratory stimulant effective in the treatment of acute and chronic asthma.
What drugs are in inhalers?
Some inhaled asthma medication combinations contain both a corticosteroid and a bronchodilator:
- Fluticasone and salmeterol (Advair Diskus)
- Budesonide and formoterol (Symbicort)
- Mometasone and formoterol (Dulera)
- Fluticasone and vilanterol (Breo)
What are the four classes of drugs that act on the respiratory system?
Pharmacological Treatment of Respiratory Disorders
- Bronchodilators. These are the most frequently used inhaled medications.
- Mast Cell Stabilizers and Anti-IgE Antibodies.
- Leukotriene Receptor Antagonists.
- Antihistamines and Epinephrine.
- Pulmonary Surfactants.
- Antimicrobials and Antivirals.
- Other Agents.