Remove Pets During Showings. When selling a home with pets, at the very least, you should remove your them from your home when you are showing the property for sale. All the cute things your dog does will not help you sell your home, and will only remind the potential buyer that the house has contained pets previously.
Also, how do you show your house when you have pets?
Time to Show the House
- If you're posting pictures of the inside of your home online, don't include pictures that show your pets.
- Close, lock and seal the doggie doors.
- Clean and put away pet food and water bowls.
- Vacuum all carpets and rugs, furniture and drapes.
- Collect all pet toys, box them up and put them away.
What do I do with my cat when I sell my house?
How to sell a house when you have cats
- Ask a neutral 3rd party to walk through your home before listing it. Have them make suggestions for what you can do to eliminate signs of your cat(s).
- Clean, clean, clean!
- Neutralize all odors.
- Repair damage.
- Find a hiding place for your cat's items.
- Make a plan for showings.
- Remove the litter box.
- Have a game plan.
How do I get the dog smell out of my house when I sell it?
8 Ways to Get Rid of Awful Pet Smells That Turn Off Buyers
- #1 Air Out Your House.
- #2 Scrub Thoroughly.
- #3 Wash Your Drapes and Upholstery.
- #4 Clean Your Carpets.
- #5 Paint, Replace, or Seal Walls.
- #6 Place Potpourri or Scented Candles in Strategic Locations.
- #7 Control Urine Smells.
- #8 Relocate Pets.
What is pet free home?
Pet free home means to dogs or cats or other furry things that have the run of the home. Fish do not count to me under the category of invasive pets. Pet free homes are also important to mention because people are allergic to dander sometimes.