Love is a complex and powerful force, one that plays out in a number of emotional, cognitive and social ways. According to the late psychologist John Alan Lee, there are six broad styles of love: Agape, Ludus, Storge, Eros, Mania and Pragma. The ancient Greeks described several different types of love.
Besides, what are the 4 types of love?
The four loves
- Storge – empathy bond.
- Philia – friend bond.
- Eros – romantic love.
- Agape – unconditional "God" love.
Beside above, what are the 6 different types of love?
The Ancient Greeks' 6 Words for Love (And Why Knowing Them Can Change Your Life)
- Eros, or sexual passion.
- Philia, or deep friendship.
- Ludus, or playful love.
- Agape, or love for everyone.
- Pragma, or longstanding love.
- Philautia, or love of the self.
What are the 5 types of Love?
According to Dr. Chapman, there are five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts, Quality Time, and Physical Touch.
What are the 7 types of love?
What Are The 7 Types of Love?
- Eros: Love of the body. This type of love illustrates sexual attraction, physical desire towards others, and a lack of control.
- Philia: Affectionate love.
- Storge: Love of the Child.
- Agape: Selfless Love.
- Ludus: Playful Love.
- Pragma: Long-lasting Love.
- Philautia: Love of the Self.