The non-point sources like wind-blown debris, agricultural runoff, and dust become the major source of pollution. Apart from these, factors like land runoff, direct discharge, atmospheric pollution, pollution caused by ships, and deep sea mining of natural resources contribute heavily.
Similarly, what pollutes the ocean the most?
The top 10 Items that are polluting our oceans
- Beverage bottles.
- Plastic Bags.
- Caps / Lids.
- Cups, plates, forks, knives, spoons.
- Straws / stirrers.
- Glass beverage bottles.
- Beverage cans. 339,875 beverage cans (made of metal) were found to be lining the ocean floors, leading to further pollution.
- Paper bags. Last on our list of waste in the ocean, is paper bags.
One may also ask, what are three types of marine pollution?
Agricultural runoff and wind blown debris are prime examples.
- Direct discharge.
- Land runoff.
- Ship pollution.
- Atmospheric pollution.
- Deep sea mining.
- Plastic debris.
What are the 4 sources of marine pollution?
The marine environment becomes polluted and contaminated through various sources and forms. Major sources of marine pollution are the inflow of chemicals, solid waste, discharge of radioactive elements, industrial and agricultural effluents, man-made sedimentation, oil spills, and many such factors.
What are four causes of marine pollution?
Various Causes of Ocean Pollution
- Sewage. Pollution can enter the ocean directly.
- Toxic Chemicals From Industries. Industrial and agricultural waste is another most common form of wastes that are directly discharged into the oceans, resulting in ocean pollution.
- Land Runoff.
- Large Scale Oil Spills.
- Ocean Mining.