Vik by itself is a small town without much in the way of amenities, but that is not to say that it is not worth exploring. My wife and I have found Vik to be a great destination for a day trip from Reykjavik. There's just so much to see on the way to and from, and the truck stop at Vik is a good spot for a lunch break.
Similarly, you may ask, where are the puffins in dyrholaey?
This is THE place to see Puffins - Dyrholaey
- South Region.
- Vik - Things to Do.
What's in Vik Iceland?
What to do around Vik Iceland
- The DC-3 wreck at Sólheimasandur.
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon.
- Mýrdalsjökull Glacier.
- Þakgil hiking trails.
Where are black sand beaches in Iceland?
Located on the south coast of Iceland by the small town of Vík í Mýrdal, Reynisfjara is a well-known beach, which contains black sand, large basalt columns, and sea stacks that are home to thousands of nesting birds each year
What is there to see between Vik and HOFN?
Attractions from Vik to Hofn in Iceland
- Thakgil. Your first destination when driving from Vik is Thakgil canyon (Icelandic: Þakgil).
- Fjadrargljufur canyon.
- SKAFTAFELL/VATNAJÖKULL NATIONAL PARK.
- JÖKULSÁRLÓN GLACIAL LAGOON.
- Black Sand Diamond Beach.