How Exactly Are Sulfates Bad for Your Hair? In short, sulfates (sometimes listed as SLS, or sodium lauryl sulfate on the ingredient list) are detergents responsible for the super-sudsy lather you get out of most shampoos. They're completely safe to use—unless your hair has been treated with color or keratin.
Considering this, does sulfate free shampoo cause hair loss?
Some people point their fingers at the sulfates in their shampoo after experiencing unexpected hair loss. Not surprisingly, it is possible. Sulfates can dry your hair and your scalp. Dry hair can break, giving the illusion of hair loss, and scalp irritation might cause hair loss in some people.
Beside above, which shampoos are sulfate free?
Below, our picks of the best sulfate-free shampoos.
- Best Overall: L'Oréal EverPure Sulfate Free Moisture Shampoo.
- Best Drugstore: OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo.
- Best for Color-Treated Hair: dpHue Color Fresh Shampoo.
- Best for Damaged Hair: Olaplex No.
- Best for Dry Hair: Honest Company Beyond Hydrated Shampoo.
Which shampoos are sulfate and paraben free?
So take a look at these sulphate free shampoos that you could get for those precious tresses!
- OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo.
- WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo Sulphate Paraben Free.
- Hairmac Sulphate Free Shampoo.
- The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo.
- Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo.
What's the worst shampoo for your hair?
Beware Of The Plastics:
- Pantene Pro-V.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo And Conditioner.
- Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo And Conditioner.
- Verb Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner.