Britannica Goes Online, Free. The entire Encyclopedia Britannica, a 32-volume set that sells for $1,250 in book form, has been placed on the Internet free of charge, the publishers of the 231-year-old reference work announced Tuesday.
Likewise, people ask, can you still buy Encyclopedia Britannica?
Encyclopedia Britannica ceased print production in 2012. But World Book lives on. The only official sales outlet is the company's website. This year's Berkshire annual meeting is the first time in years that the print product has been hauled out for retail purchase, a company rep said Friday.
One may also ask, how much is Encyclopedia Britannica Online?
The flagship, 32-volume printed edition, available every two years, was sold for $1400. An online subscription costs around $70 per year and the company recently launched a set of apps ranging between $1.99 and $4.99 per month.
Is Encyclopedia Britannica a reliable source?
They are very reliable. The Encyclopædia Britannica has various articles about numerous topics. They are so well known that many citation makers online have it special, as they already include most of the information. The Encyclopedia Britannica is a very reliable source of information.
How does Britannica make money?
Not only are we digital, we are diversified. Only 15 % of our revenue comes from Britannica content. The other 85% comes from learning and instructional materials we sell to the elementary and high school markets and consumer space. We have been profitable for the last eight years.