How to survive a long-haul flight
- Find comfortable clothes to wear on long flights. This should be a given – just think of an outfit that you'll be happy to wear after ten hours sat on a plane.
- Reserve a good seat.
- Prepare yourself for sleep.
- Don't pack too much in your cabin luggage.
- Take your own snacks.
- Move around the plane.
- Stay hydrated.
Considering this, how do I survive a 12 hour flight?
12 Tips (and Carry-On Essentials) for Surviving a Long-Haul
- Buy your ticket as early as possible.
- Wear your most comfortable outfit.
- Invest in a good travel pillow, earplugs, and sleep mask.
- Pack your own headphones.
- Take the smallest personal item you can.
- Bring your own snacks, or buy some before boarding.
- Be friendly to and respectful of your seatmate—you're both in this together.
Also to know, how can I entertain myself on a long flight?
15 ways to entertain yourself on a long-haul flight
- Read a book. Jason from the blog and travel planner website, Trekeffect, says:
- Watch a film or show. airtransat.
- Listen to a podcast. Want to learn something new or be entertained without having to stare at a screen or page?
- Snap the sights.
- Write a journal.
- Play a game.
- Do something crafty.
- Listen to some new music.
How do I survive a 20 hour flight?
Try to Sleep One reader says, “You have to sleep on the plane. They will turn off all the lights and almost everyone on the plane will sleep. Take an eye mask and earplugs.” You can also try listening to soothing music and bringing your own blanket and neck pillow. Don't let the thought of packing stress you out!
What is the longest flight in the world?
Singapore Airlines' direct flight from Singapore to Newark, New Jersey, is currently the longest flight in the world, lasting around 18 hours and 30 minutes and traveling 9,534 miles.