4 Steps to Developing a Quality Management System
- Create a Written Document That Defines Quality. Quality is determined by how it is defined and measured.
- Develop Procedures. Employees work best when they have specific step-by-step procedures to follow.
- Develop Instructions. Create work instructions for how the work should be done.
- Collect Data.
Herein, what are the different types of quality management systems?
List of the different types of quality management system
- Document control.
- Change control.
- Enterprise & operational risk management.
- Supplier management.
- Equipment and asset management.
- CAPA management.
- Policy management.
- Internal audit.
Furthermore, what is the purpose of a QMS?
A QMS is defined as an extensive system meant to document important processes and procedures and facilitate the implementation of these procedures to achieve high-quality outputs that align with a company's goals and objectives.
What are the 7 quality management principles?
Seven Quality Management Principles
- QMP 1 – Customer Focus. Meet and exceed customer expectations.
- QMP 2 – Leadership. Provide purpose, direction and engagement.
- QMP 3 – Engagement of People.
- QMP 4 – Process Approach.
- QMP 5 – Improvement.
- QMP 6 – Evidence-based Decision Making.
- QMP 7 – Relationship Management.
What are the four stages of quality management?
Quality Through the Project Lifecycle. The four main components of a quality management process are Quality Planning, Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Continuous Improvement.