Here are several things you can do for yourself if you have a husband in prison.
- Get Healthy. Thoughts are consumed 24/7 when you have a husband in prison.
- Take Up a Hobby.
- Support Groups.
- It's Okay to Cry with a Husband in Prison.
- Your New Best Friend.
- Self-Care Day.
- Moving Forward.
So, what can I send my boyfriend in jail?
When choosing things to send inmates, consider these five options to make your loved one's time away a bit better.
- Letters and messages.
- Commissary money.
- Books, magazines and newspapers.
- Celebratory cards.
Similarly, should I break up with my boyfriend in jail?
Breaking up with him will not be the end of the world and he will adjust to it. If he really loves you it will also give him a reality check of your true value. If you feel all he is doing now is jail talk so he isn't alone and has someone to hold him down then you should listen to your instincts.
How do you comfort someone who is in jail?
But this is knowledge I've learned over the past few years in supporting, or failing to support, people in my life.
- Send Money If Possible.
- Answer Their Calls.
- Write Them Letters.
- Visit Them in Prison.
- Ask Them If They've Made Friends in Prison and Visit Them, Too.
- Remind Them That They're Powerful and Resilient.
How do I keep my relationship strong in jail?
I hope these in any way help you and your partner stay strong.
- Setting healthy relationship boundaries.
- Productively raw, honest communication.
- Take care of yourself.
- Nonjudgemental listening.
- Keeping track of your progress & growth.
- Write out the doubt.
- Cherish the little things.
- Phone calls.