How can we save girl children in India?
- Spread awareness and change mindsets to ensure that communities and families welcome and celebrate daughters.
- Education for all girl children.
- Create a safe environment for all women and support women's resistance to violence.
People also ask, what steps are being taken by the government to help the girl child?
Government Schemes and Policies for Girl Child Empowerment
- Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna.
- Balika Samridhi Yojna.
- CBSE Scholarship Scheme/Policy for Girl Education.
Subsequently, question is, what are the rights of girl child?
“The girl child” is one of the critical areas of the 1995 Beijing Platform for Action; girls' rights are codified within the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child and include non-discrimination, protection from harm and abuse, and full participation in family, social, and cultural life.
Why education is important for a girl child?
IMPROVE SOCIOECONOMIC GROWTH: Educated women have a greater chance of escaping poverty, leading healthier and more productive lives, and raising the standard of living for their children, families, and communities.
What is the importance of girl child?
The Girl Child. They go to school, help with housework, work in factories, make friends, care for elder and younger family members and prepare themselves to take on the responsibilities of adulthood. Girls play multiple roles in the household, society and the economy.