- Go to bed earlier. It's better to go to bed earlier than to sleep later.
- Stand up. “If you're falling asleep on trains or the bus or in a lecture hall, get up and go to the back where you can stand,” advised Rosen.
- Take a nap. A 20-minute power nap can help you stay awake during the day.
- Drink some caffeine.
Then, is it a sin to fall asleep in church?
Originally Answered: Is falling asleep in church considered a sin in the eyes of God? No…it's not a sin to fall asleep. Paul preached until midnight putting some guy to sleep…and he fell out of a window! He didn't have to pay penance or go to confession for the “sin” of falling asleep.
Also to know, how do you stay awake during Mass?
7 ways to stay awake at midnight mass
- Have a power nap before you go, like you were going to go clubbing.
- Eat a huge supper.
- Drink a whole pint of water before you head to the church.
- Run a book on the length of the sermon - make sure everyone pays up before they leave church.
Why do I fall asleep in class even when I get enough sleep?
But if you're consistently sleepy in class or other times during the day, tell a doctor. You may have a condition such as obstructive sleep apnea that's keeping you from getting enough restorative sleep at night.
How do I stop nodding?
Try some of these 12 jitter-free tips to take the edge off sleepiness.
- Get Up and Move Around to Feel Awake.
- Take a Nap to Take the Edge Off Sleepiness.
- Give Your Eyes a Break to Avoid Fatigue.
- Eat a Healthy Snack to Boost Energy.
- Start a Conversation to Wake Up Your Mind.
- Turn Up the Lights to Ease Fatigue.